This Chicken Caprese Sandwich with Roasted Peppers is made with chicken cutlets, mozzarella, roasted peppers, vinegar, and a baguette.
This chicken sandwich is perfect for any weeknight recipe. This is one of the easiest recipes, especially if you are feeding a family. Not only is it tasty, it is also super healthy. This is an easy weeknight meal and fuss-free. I love to serve them with some broccoli on the side. This dish will become a part of your regular snacks, all it takes it one time, and you’ll be hooked. You won't regret making this amazing sandwich!
If you love this, feel free to try my Italian Breaded Steak.
- Italian or French bread
- Roasted red peppers
- Sliced tomatoes
- Breaded chicken cutlets
- Balsamic vinegar
See recipe card for quantities for Chicken Caprese Sandwich.
Slice the bread and toast. When the bread is done, add the cooked chicken cutlets, roasted red pepper, mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with the bread to make a sandwich. Slice in half to make it easier to eat.
Chicken cutlets: You can use pre-made breaded chicken cutlets or make them yourself.
Bread: I like to use Italian bread, french bread/baguette. I love toasting it to make it extra crispy.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes on the sandwich to add some heat.
- Deluxe - add guacamole or crispy onions.
- Kid friendly - This is as kid friendly as it gets!
Check out my friend Allie's Caprese Chicken Salad for a healthier version!
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
I love using my Caraway pots, pans and baking sheets for best quality. Get yourself a discount by clicking here!
The chicken can be frozen for up to 3 months. The vegetables and cheese won't stand well to freezing. The bread wont last long in either fridge or freezer.
Toast the bread for extra crispiness.Print
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove