This Keto Sausage and Peppers dish is made with sweet and spicy sausages, bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes and salt.
I love this recipe because it is so simple and easy to make and feeds a hungry family of five. I encourage you all to try this - this recipe is an Italian mom's best friend. This recipe is made on the grill but you can alternatively make it in the oven.
What you will need
- Aluminum pan: I love using an aluminum pan and placing it in the grill. I start by browning the sausage onto the griddle to get the marks on them, and then placing them into the pan with the rest of the veggies.
- Sausage: I love using Premio sausage, but any sausage works.
- Bell peppers: I love to mix and match between red and green bell peppers, but you can get creative.
- Onions: I like to use yellow onions, but white or red onions work just as well.
- Tomatoes: I love using diced tomatoes from the can.
How to make Sausage and Peppers
Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the sausages until brown for about 6-8 minutes. Place the browned sausages on a plate.
You will need an aluminum baking pan for this part. Slice the onion and the bell peppers and place in the pan. Add the can of diced tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cut the grilled sausage into pieces and place back into the aluminum pan. Give it a nice stir before placing back into the grill.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the grill. The grill should be set to medium, cover and cook for an hour. Alternatively, you can preheat the oven to 400 F and bake for 45 minutes.