These Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops are made with pork chops, paprika, parmesan, thyme, and served with lemon wedges.
I know we make a ton of pork chops, one of my favorite's being the Citrus BBQ Pork Chops. You need to try this one if you like a nice spice to it AND if you can handle it!
These pork chops are very satisfying and are super healthy. The combination of the paprika, shake and bake, and parmesan is to die for. This is an easy sheet pan oven baked pork chops and they are super family friendly. I used only a teaspoon of paprika, but if you like the spice feel free to use more. If you have space on the baking sheet, feel free to add some vegetables for a side dish.
If you love this Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops and pork recipes, feel free to try my Pulled Pork Empanadas or my Pork Birria Tacos.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Bone-in pork chops
- Shake and bake
- Vegetable oil
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. In a small shallow dish, mix together the paprika, shake and bake, parmesan, and thyme.
Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over all the pork chops on each side. Add the seasoning on each side and pat down evenly. Dredge the chops on the shake and bake mixture.
Air fry the pork chops for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pork, flipping once halfway.
Pork chops are done when they reach 145°F (63°C) and the juices run clear.
- Shake and Bake: I love shake and bake, although you can use use panko crumbs for these.
- Parmesan cheese: I used regular kraft parmesan cheese but any brand will work, as long as its thinly grated.
- Paprika: The key ingredient in this is adding a little spice to it. I love paprika because it has that smoky flavor that compliments the pork chops. Chili powder would work as well.
- Thyme: You can use fresh thyme leaves although I used dried thyme.
- Lemon: For best quality use lemon juice from real lemons.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes in the shake and bake mix.
- Deluxe - add serve with tzatziki.
- Kid friendly - add crushed potato chips into the bread crumb mixture.
Check out this Peruvian Ceviche for a light appetizer.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
I love using my Caraway pots, pans and baking sheets for best quality. Get yourself a discount by clicking here!
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
These Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops can be frozen for up to three months.
Use a meat thermometer to make sure it is cooked perfectly. The measurement should be 145°F.Print
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove