Need a summertime appetizer to keep in your back pocket? Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites. A quick 20 minutes to make, and you'll have the perfect snack or side for your summertime meals.
Meet your new favorite summer zucchini recipe: Air Fryer Zucchini! They're super CRISPY, perfectly seasoned and so easy to make! This recipe features sliced zucchini breaded in a crispy-crunchy Panko mixture. Every bite comes packed with flavor thanks to fresh Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning! Which dip would you choose: marinara, ranch or aioli? If you don’t have an air fryer no worries, you can also make these in the oven. This Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites is made with panko crumbs, old bay seasoning, parmesan, olive oil and air fried to perfection.
If you love this recipe, feel free to try my Keto Zucchini Boats and my Grilled Romaine.
Air Fryer Zucchini Ingredients
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Panko Crumbs
- Olive oil
See recipe card for Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites quantities.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites
In a small bowl, add the panko crumbs, old bay, parmesan and mix.
Slice the zucchini into very thin circles. Spray the sliced zucchini with olive oil spray on both sides. Dip into the panko crumbs. Repeat with the rest.
Add the zucchini in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for a total of 10 minutes, flipping once halfway.
Zucchini: Zucchinis are perfect for this. There are other vegetables that would be just as tasty. Feel free to try this with yellow squash or eggplant slices.
Panko Crumbs: If you don’t have panko crumbs, you can always use bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, crushed pretzels, crushed cornflakes or crushed potatoes chips. You can get as creative as you want and I’m use all of those will taste just as good.
Old Bay Seasoning: You can buy Old bay in the seasoning aisle of your grocery store. If you cannot find any, feel free to use equal parts celery salt and paprika to create your own old bay seasoning.
Parmesan: I love adding parmesan to give the crust a burst of flavor. You can use grated asiago or pecorino romano.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes into the panko crumb mixture. Feel free to add hot sauce at the end too.
- Deluxe - dip in a lemon aioli or pesto.
- Kid friendly - add some ketchup on top!
Check out this Cauliflower Wings Air Fryer.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. I used my Instant Pot with the air frying feature but I hear the Ninja Air fryer works well too.
How to Store Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Do not overcook these Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites!Print
Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
These Air Fryer Zucchini Parmesan Bites take 20 minutes to make, and you'll have the perfect snack or side for your summertime meals!
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- In a small bowl, add the panko crumbs, old bay, parmesan and mix.
- Slice the zucchini into very thin circles. Spray the sliced zucchini with olive oil spray on both sides. Dip into the panko crumbs. Repeat with the rest.
- Add the zucchini in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for a total of 10 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Leave a Reply