This vegan banana Pudding from scratch is made with almond milk, bananas, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and chia seeds.
This pudding is a no bake no cook recipe. Adding chia seeds into the banana mixture when soak will plump up, causing the consistency to be thick, creating a delicious and easy pudding. Chia seeds have a neutral flavor so you can make pudding from many different blended fruits. You can always add cocoa powder, berries or substitute with oat milk. Since this requires 8 minutes of soaking, it is great to make this recipe at night, let it soak overnight, and then eat for breakfast.
What you will need
- Milk: If you want this recipe to be vegan, make it with almond or oat milk. If not, you can use regular milk.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are essential for this recipe. It is what gives the pudding the consistency it needs.
- Bananas: You can use any fruit, but bananas worked like a charm. You can never have too many chia pudding recipes!
- Maple syrup: If you would like for this to be vegan, use maple syrup. If not, feel free to use honey.
- Cinnamon: If you don’t have cinnamon, nutmeg also gives it a nice rounding taste.
- Vanilla: I used vanilla extract for this recipe – if you want to get crazy you can use almond extract, bourbon, or instant coffee!
How to make Vegan Banana Pudding from Scratch
Put the almond milk, bananas, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
Pour banana mixture in Tupperware and put the chia seeds in and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes then stir again. Cover and refrigerate for 8-10 hours. Before serving, check consistency and pour almond milk if it’s too thick, until your desired consistency. Garnish with fresh fruit. This can be stored up to 3-4 days.