This Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe is made with fresh salmon, Tajin, honey, garlic powder and baked to perfection.
Spicy Baked Salmon using Tajin is a delicious and flavorful recipe that combines the bold and tangy taste of Tajin seasoning with the richness of baked salmon. Tajin seasoning is a popular Mexican spice blend that contains chili powder, lime, and salt. When used in a Spicy Baked Salmon recipe, it adds a unique and zesty flavor to the dish. The result is a juicy, tender, and flavorful salmon dish that's perfect for any occasion.
You can experiment with different ingredients and spices to make the recipe your own. For example, you can add some chopped fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley for a burst of freshness, or you can substitute the honey with maple syrup or agave nectar to make it vegan-friendly.
Why eat Salmon?
Salmon is a popular seafood that is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Here are some reasons why you might want to include salmon in your diet:
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential nutrients that have been linked to numerous health benefits, including reduced inflammation, improved heart health, and brain function.
- Good Source of Protein: Salmon is a great source of high-quality protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Salmon is packed with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium, and potassium, which are essential for overall health and wellbeing.
- Low in Calories: Salmon is relatively low in calories compared to other meats, making it a good option for those who are watching their calorie intake.
- Versatile and Delicious: Salmon is a versatile ingredient that can be prepared in many different ways, such as grilling, baking, or pan-searing. It has a rich, buttery flavor that is enjoyed by many people.
Overall, salmon is a nutrient-dense food that provides numerous health benefits, making it a great addition to a
Why you will love this recipe
There are several reasons why you might want to eat spicy baked salmon recipe:
- Great Taste: Spicy baked salmon is a flavorful and delicious dish that combines the rich, buttery taste of baked salmon with a spicy, zesty seasoning. It is a dish that is enjoyed by many people because of its delicious taste.
- Nutrient-Dense: Salmon is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and other essential nutrients. The addition of spicy seasoning in this recipe can further enhance the nutritional value of the dish.
- Easy to Prepare: Spicy baked salmon is a simple and easy-to-prepare dish that requires only a few ingredients and minimal preparation time. It is a great option for those who are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- Health Benefits: The spicy seasoning in this recipe can provide additional health benefits such as improved digestion and metabolism, reduced inflammation, and better immune function.
- Versatile: This recipe can be easily customized to suit your personal taste preferences. You can adjust the level of spiciness to your liking and experiment with different seasonings and herbs to create a unique flavor profile.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Tajin or Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small bowl, mix together the Tajin seasoning and garlic powder. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil.
Place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Brush the honey over the top of the salmon fillet. Sprinkle the Tajin and garlic powder mixture over the top of the honey. Place thinly cut lime slices on top of your salmon.
Bake the salmon for 10-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Squeeze a little lime juice on the salmon.
Enjoy this Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe.
Hint: Do not overcook the salmon.
- Tajin Substitute: If you don't have Tajin seasoning, you can substitute it with a mixture of chili powder, cumin, and salt. Use 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt for every 1 tablespoon of Tajin.
- Garlic Powder Substitute: You can substitute garlic powder with fresh minced garlic. Use ½ teaspoon of minced garlic for every ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Honey Substitute: You can substitute honey with maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown sugar. Use the same amount of substitute as you would honey.
Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe Variations
There are many ways to vary the spicy baked salmon recipe to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few variations you might want to try:
- Change up the spice level: Adjust the amount of tajin in the recipe to make it more or less spicy, depending on your taste.
- Add different spices: Experiment with different spices to add flavor to the dish. For example, you could add cumin, paprika, or coriander to the seasoning mix.
- Use different sweeteners: Swap the honey for maple syrup, brown sugar, or agave nectar to add a different sweetness to the dish.
- Add citrus: Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice over the salmon fillet before baking to add a zesty flavor.
- Try different herbs: Garnish the baked salmon with fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or basil for a burst of freshness.
- Change up the cooking method: Instead of baking the salmon, try grilling, broiling, or pan-searing it for a different texture and flavor.
Feel free to get creative and experiment with different ingredients and techniques to create a dish that suits your taste buds.
Check out my Baked White Wine Salmon.
Here are some basic equipment needed to make a Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe:
- Baking dish: You'll need a baking dish to place the salmon fillet in for baking.
- Mixing bowl: You'll need a mixing bowl to prepare the seasoning mixture for the salmon.
- Measuring cups and spoons: You'll need measuring cups and spoons to accurately measure the ingredients for the seasoning mixture.
- Whisk or fork: You'll need a whisk or fork to mix the seasoning ingredients together.
- Aluminum foil: You may want to cover the baking dish with aluminum foil to help prevent the salmon from drying out.
- Oven: You'll need an oven to bake the salmon.
- Oven mitts: You'll need oven mitts to remove the hot baking dish from the oven.
How to store Spicy Baked Salmon
If you have any leftovers of Spicy Baked Salmon, you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer. Here are the steps to store it properly:
- Let it cool: Allow the salmon to cool down to room temperature before storing.
- Place in an airtight container: Transfer the salmon to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- Label and date: Label the container with the name of the dish and the date it was prepared.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer: Place the container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days. If you want to store it for a longer period, place it in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- Reheat before serving: When you're ready to eat the leftovers, you can reheat it in the microwave or in the oven until it is heated through. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) to ensure it's safe to eat.
Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe Top tips
- Use fresh salmon: Fresh salmon will have a better texture and flavor than frozen salmon. Look for salmon fillets that are firm, glossy, and smell fresh.
- Don't overcook the salmon: Overcooking can cause the salmon to become dry and tough. Bake the salmon just until it flakes easily with a fork, usually about 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Use high-quality spices: The flavor of the dish will largely depend on the quality of the spices used. Use fresh and high-quality spices for the best flavor.
- Use aluminum foil: Covering the baking dish with aluminum foil can help prevent the salmon from drying out and keep it moist.
- Let it rest: After baking, let the salmon rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to distribute evenly throughout the fish and make it more flavorful.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or dill can add a pop of color and freshness to the dish. Chop them up and sprinkle them on top of the salmon just before serving.
- Serve with a side dish: Spicy Baked Salmon goes well with a variety of side dishes, such as rice, quinoa, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove