This Spicy Baked Salmon Recipe is made with fresh salmon, Tajin, honey, garlic powder and baked to perfection.
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoon Tajin seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Lime slices
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the Tajin seasoning and garlic powder.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the honey over the top of the salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle the Tajin and garlic powder mixture over the top of the honey. Place thinly cut lime slices on top of your salmon.
- Bake the salmon for 10-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Squeeze a little lime juice on the salmon.
- Use fresh salmon: Fresh salmon will have a better texture and flavor than frozen salmon. Look for salmon fillets that are firm, glossy, and smell fresh.
- Don't overcook the salmon: Overcooking can cause the salmon to become dry and tough. Bake the salmon just until it flakes easily with a fork, usually about 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Use high-quality spices: The flavor of the dish will largely depend on the quality of the spices used. Use fresh and high-quality spices for the best flavor.
- Use aluminum foil: Covering the baking dish with aluminum foil can help prevent the salmon from drying out and keep it moist.
- Let it rest: After baking, let the salmon rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to distribute evenly throughout the fish and make it more flavorful.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or dill can add a pop of color and freshness to the dish. Chop them up and sprinkle them on top of the salmon just before serving.
- Serve with a side dish: Spicy Baked Salmon goes well with a variety of side dishes, such as rice, quinoa, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican