Want to indulge but not eat carbs? These Keto Biscuit and Gravy are made with almond flour, keto friendly, and all the rage. Not to mention SUPER easy to make. When you finish making these Keto Biscuits, spread some salted melted butter on them for delicious taste.
Southern food reminds me of my time living in Texas. I lived in San Antonio, Texas for 5 years and nothing tasted better than good southern food. I have always loved homemade biscuits and these Keto Biscuits are an amazing substitute. You can top these biscuits with homemade gravy or more melted butter. If you have leftover (you probably won’t) you can store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
What you will need
Almond Flour: Almond flour is essential when to comes to keto cooking. It is such a great substitute to regular flour.
Heavy Cream: Heavy whipping cream is used to make these biscuits, although I know you can opt to using sour cream instead.
Butter: I love using salted buter, though you can use unsalted butter and control the level of salt yourself.
Xanthan Gum: Xanthan gum is a great substitute and used to thicken up a sauce.
How to make Keto Biscuit and Gravy
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: Almond flour, baking powder and salt. N another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, heavy cream, eggs, and melted butter. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray or place parchment paper on it. Drop the batter by the large spoonful onto the sprayed baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the biscuits.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool inside the oven before taking it out.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Add the butter, broth, garlic powder and xanthan gum in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Simmer for one minute and keep whisking, then remove from heat.
- Pour gravy on biscuit!