This Easy Vegetarian Lo Mein Noodles so easy to make and is made with lo mein noodles, bell pepper, carrots, snow peas and garnished with sesame seeds. The sauce is made with soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and rice vinegar.
This Easy Vegetarian Lo Mein Noodles is so light you will definitely make it again. I paired it with my Healthy Sweet and Sour Shrimp and the combination was phenomenal. It is so delicious and I promise it you won’t regret making it.
If you like these noodles, feel free to try my Easy Flat Lo Mein with Mushrooms and Bell Peppers and my Instant Pot Chili Garlic Ginger Noodles (Pressure Cooker)!
- Lo mein noodles
- Bell pepper
- Snow peas
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
In a bowl add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and brown sugar and whisk.
Cook noodles according to package instructions.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add in snow peas, red bell pepper, and carrots. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add in garlic, ginger and cook for an additional minute.
Stir in the sauce and cooked noodles and toss to combine.
Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Hint: Make sure to prep everything ahead of time as this cooks fairly quickly.
- Soy sauce: You can use Worcestershire if you do not have soy sauce
- Sesame oil: The best substitute for sesame oil is perilla oil.
- Brown sugar: If you would rather skip the sugar, use maple syrup or honey
- Rice vinegar: If you would rather not use vinegar, lemon juice works well
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- Deluxe - add broccoli, bean sprouts, edamame or scallions.
- Kid friendly - Chop up the vegetables finely as a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies!
Check out this Easy Bibimbap Recipe to make in under 30 minutes!
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
I love using my Caraway pots, pans and baking sheets for best quality. Get yourself a discount by clicking here!
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Make sure to prep everything ahead of time as this cooks fairly quickly.Print