This lo mein so easy to make and is made with lo mein noodles, bell pepper, carrots, snow peas and garnished with sesame seeds.
- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- ¼ cup julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- Sesame seeds for garnish if desired
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a bowl add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and brown sugar and whisk.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add in snow peas, red bell pepper, and carrots. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the sauce and cooked noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
- Soy sauce: You can use Worcestershire if you do not have soy sauce
- Sesame oil: The best substitute for sesame oil is perilla oil.
- Brown sugar: If you would rather skip the sugar, use maple syrup or honey
- Rice vinegar: If you would rather not use vinegar, lemon juice works well
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 426.4
- Sugar: 0.0 g
- Sodium: 789.7 mg
- Fat: 20.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.3 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 10.6 g