This Crispy Parmesan Dijon Brussel Sprouts with Almonds is made with brussels sprouts, lemon, almonds, parmesan and mustard.
These brussels sprouts are a super healthy dish that can be a main dish or a side. Brussels sprouts contain so many good vitamins and minerals. To be honest, the only way I can enjoy brussels sprouts is only if they are lightly charred and crispy. The parmesan and lemon obviously helps as well. This is a super quick dish you can whip up in minutes.
Brussels Sprouts can be a hit or miss, and I promise you that you will get just the taste and texture that you’re craving. Brussel sprouts can have a bitter taste so it’s up to you to get rid of that bitterness by the way you cook it. I usually make roasted brussel sprouts in the oven since I liked them crispy and not mushy. When it is too mushy it is always a miss. This is an amazing weeknight meal and goes well with almost every dish. You won't regret making these delicious brussel sprouts.
How to make Dijon Brussel Sprouts
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the olive oil, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and garlic until toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the butter and wait until it melts. Add the Brussel sprouts, salt and pepper and cook for about 11-15 minutes until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the burner off and broiler on high. Add the lemon juice, nuts, mustard, and parmesan into the Brussel sprouts and stir. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and add the Brussel sprouts. Broil for about 2-3 minutes, watching closely, until crispy.
Other dishes to try
- SAUTÉED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH LEMON AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- EASY VEGETARIAN LO MEIN NOODLES
- 10 MINUTE SESAME LIME BOK CHOY