These Carne Asada Street Tacos Recipe are everything you have ever dreamed of. This Carne Asada dish is marinated in olive oil, soy sauce, onion, jalapeños, and so many spices. Top with salsa verde, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
To make the Carne Asada click here. This link will explain how to marinate. It is important to use quality skirt steak. We actually made these tacos from leftover carne asada we had the day before. They taste almost better the next day. I had some leftover salsa verde and tortillas. You can buy store-bought tortillas or try making my Vegan Flour Tortillas. If you have a gas stovetop, I like to place the tortillas directly on the burner and warm them there so give them a nice char.
Marinating can feel like a pain to wait for, but if you start this the night before, it will be totally worth your time. Trust me, this carne asada is super flavorful and tender. The biggest challenge will be keeping yourself from eating all the steak while you are cooking it!
How to make Carne Asada
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño diced
- ½ red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Skirt steak usually comes in a long strip. Cut the steak into 2-3 pieces to allow them to fit better in the pan.
- Add the olive oil, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, cumin, onion powder, oregano, cilantro and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir well. Add the skirt steak and mix with your hand. Refrigerate and marinate for 2-4 hours. The longer the better – you can even do overnight! Alternatively, you can use a large Ziplock bag.
- Before searing the steak, dry it with paper towel – keep the marinade. Heat a large cast iron over high heat for 3 minutes. Once hot, add a bit of pan or olive oil. Add the steak and press down firmly on the surface. Sear for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat and add ½ cup of the marinade and cook for 2-4 minutes longer. You want an internal temperature of 130 F. Work in two batches if needed.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice them into ½ inch slices. Transfer to a serving place.
How to make Carne Asada Street Tacos Recipe
Warm the tortillas according to package instructions. I usually do this on the stovetop and warm up for about 2 minutes on each side. Make sure to flip with a spatula or tongs. When the tortillas are warm, assemble the tacos. Add the cut up carne asada, top with salsa verde, garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.Print