This Burrata Peach Arugula Salad is made with peaches, baby arugula, creamy burrata and topped with a balsamic glaze.
This salad couldn’t be easier to make, especially if you opted to buying store bought balsamic glaze. It requires minimal chopping and it is so easy to put together. The best summer salads require 10 minutes of prep and look aesthetically colorful. The fresh arugula paired with the peach and burrata is everything you have ever dreamed about. You can never leave out the cheese.
What is a Burrata Peach Arugula Salad?
Burrata Peach Arugula Salad is a refreshing and colorful salad made with creamy burrata cheese, ripe peaches, and peppery arugula leaves. It's a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors, making it a popular summer salad.
Burrata Peach Arugula Salad Ingredients
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Balsamic glaze
See recipe card for Burrata Peach Arugula Salad quantities.
How to make Burrata Peach Arugula Salad
Place the arugula in a large plate or salad bowl.
Pull the burrata to break them up into little pieces.
Scatter the peach wedges and burrata over the arugula.
Drizzle with balsamic glaze and mix well to fully coat.
Hint: You can make your own balsamic glaze or store bought balsamic glaze. You could also use any dressing you would like, or even just olive oil and vinegar.
Arugula: I love using fresh arugula for this salad, although you can use watercress, baby spinach or mixed greens.
Peaches: Peaches are a key ingredient to this recipe. If you prefer something else, you could use apricots, plums or pluots.
Burrata: I love the creaminess that burrata brings to this recipe. If you prefer using bufala mozzarella or goat cheese that works too.
Balsamic glaze: You can make your own balsamic glaze or store bought balsamic glaze. You could also use any dressing you would like, or even just olive oil and vinegar.
Burrata Peach Arugula Salad Recipe Variations
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Deluxe - add tomatoes, prosciutto, or basil.
Check out this Green Goddess Salad Recipe.
- Large mixing bowl: This will be used to toss the arugula and dressing together.
- Whisk: To prepare the vinaigrette, you will need a whisk to combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and honey.
- Knife: You will need a sharp knife to slice the peaches and any additional ingredients you choose to add to the salad.
- Cutting board: A sturdy cutting board will be necessary to slice the peaches and any other ingredients.
- Salad servers: To serve the salad, you will need a pair of salad servers or tongs.
- Serving dish: A shallow serving dish or plate will be needed to arrange the salad.
- Store the salad separately from the dressing: To prevent the arugula from becoming wilted, it's best to store the salad and the dressing separately. Place the leftover salad in an airtight container and the dressing in a separate small container or jar.
- Keep the burrata cheese separate: Burrata cheese should be stored separately from the salad as well. Place the leftover cheese in a small airtight container.
- Refrigerate promptly: Store the leftover salad, dressing, and cheese in the refrigerator as soon as possible. Ideally, it should be consumed within 24 hours to ensure the best flavor and freshness.
- Re-dress the salad before serving: When you're ready to enjoy the leftover salad, remove the containers from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Toss the salad with the dressing and arrange the burrata cheese on top just before serving.
Burrata Peach Arugula Salad Top tips
- Use ripe peaches: The sweetness and juiciness of ripe peaches will add a wonderful flavor and texture to the salad. Look for peaches that are slightly soft to the touch and have a fragrant aroma.
- Choose fresh arugula: Fresh, peppery arugula leaves are key to this salad's flavor. Choose leaves that are bright green and crisp.
- Use high-quality burrata cheese: The quality of the cheese can make a big difference in the flavor and texture of the salad. Look for a high-quality burrata cheese that is creamy and fresh.
- Prepare the dressing in advance: You can prepare the dressing in advance and store it in a jar or container until you're ready to serve the salad. This will save you time and ensure that the flavors have had time to meld together.
- Serve at room temperature: The salad is best served at room temperature, so be sure to take it out of the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove