This TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe is made with iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, chives, scallions, and tossed in a homemade green goddess dressing.
I have so much love for a great chopped salad with delicious dressing. Chopped salads will always win my heart, and when I saw the Baked By Melissa salad on Tiktok, I had to try it. She serves it with a delicious creamy vegan homemade green goddess dressing and it is magical. I will say, my favorite part about this salad is the dressing. It is made with lemon, oil, vinegar, garlic, shallot, nuts, chives, and greens. The secret ingredient is nutritional yeast, giving it a nice nutty and cheesy flavor.
Nutritional yeast is great for a vegan diet because it is made from a species of years grown specifically for food and harvested. It is then washes, dried, and crumbled. It is great for adding a cheesy flavor to food while keeping it plant based.
- What is the Tiktok Green Goddess Salad?
- Why you will love this Tiktok Green Goddess Salad
- Green Goddess Salad Ingredients
- How to make TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe
- TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe Variations
- How to store Green Goddess Salad
- TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe Top tips
- TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe
- Food safety
What is the Tiktok Green Goddess Salad?
The TikTok Green Goddess Salad is a viral recipe that has gained popularity on the social media platform TikTok. The recipe is a modern take on the classic Green Goddess salad and typically includes a variety of fresh and colorful ingredients. The salad is usually dressed with a homemade Green Goddess dressing, which is a creamy and tangy dressing made with fresh herbs, avocado, lemon juice, and other ingredients.
The TikTok Green Goddess Salad has become popular because of its visual appeal and health benefits. It is a colorful and nutrient-dense meal that is both satisfying and delicious. Many people have also shared their own variations of the recipe, adding or substituting ingredients based on their preferences.
Why you will love this Tiktok Green Goddess Salad
A Green Goddess salad is great for several reasons:
- Nutritious: A Green Goddess salad typically includes a variety of nutrient-dense ingredients such as leafy greens, avocado, herbs, and nuts. This makes it a great way to incorporate a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants into your diet.
- Flavorful: The combination of fresh herbs, creamy avocado, and tangy dressing creates a delicious and flavorful salad that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- Versatile: A Green Goddess salad is versatile and can be customized to your liking. You can add or remove ingredients based on your preferences or dietary restrictions.
- Easy to prepare: A Green Goddess salad is easy to prepare and requires minimal cooking time, making it a great option for a quick and healthy meal.
- Filling: The combination of protein-rich ingredients such as nuts, seeds, and tofu, along with healthy fats from avocado, can help keep you full and satisfied for longer.
- Suitable for different diets: A Green Goddess salad is a great option for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet, as it can be made without animal products. It can also be made gluten-free by using gluten-free ingredients for the dressing.
Green Goddess Salad Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Rice vinegar
- Nutritional yeast
- Iceberg lettuce
See recipe card for quantities for Tiktok Green Goddess Salad Recipe.
How to make TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe
Place all the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
Add the olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, chives, cashews, basil, spinach, nutritional years and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
Hint: Nutritional yeast is great to give the dressing a nice cheesy flavor to it.
Vinegar: I used rice vinegar because I find that it is not too strong of a flavor. You could also use apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.
Lettuce: I have always preferred iceberg lettuce, but I think romaine or arugula would be great as well.
Cucumber: Cucumber is great for a crunch, but if you don’t have it on hand, you could use celery or even raw zucchini.
Scallions: Scallions and chives are super similar, so you can use one or the other, but I love using both. You could also use leeks.
Basil: Basil gives the dressing a great flavor, but you could also use parsley.
Spinach: Spinach is great for a nice kick and to add a nice green color to the dressing.
TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe Variations
Here are some variations of the TikTok Green Goddess Salad recipe:
- Mediterranean Green Goddess Salad: Add cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese to the salad and top it with a lemon-oregano vinaigrette for a Mediterranean twist.
- Mexican Green Goddess Salad: Add black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, and jalapenos to the salad and top it with a cilantro-lime dressing for a Mexican-inspired flavor.
- Grilled Green Goddess Salad: Add grilled chicken or shrimp to the salad and serve it warm for a heartier meal.
- Vegan Green Goddess Salad: Use vegan substitutes for the ingredients such as tofu, vegan cheese or nutritional yeast, and plant-based Green Goddess dressing.
- Cobb Green Goddess Salad: Add chopped hard-boiled eggs, bacon bits, and crumbled blue cheese to the salad for a Cobb salad twist.
- Kale Green Goddess Salad: Swap out the mixed greens for kale to add extra fiber and nutrients to the salad.
- Asian Green Goddess Salad: Add sliced cucumbers, carrots, and red peppers to the salad and top it with an Asian-inspired dressing made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
You do not need any special equipment to make the TikTok Green Goddess Salad recipe. Here are the basic kitchen tools and equipment that you may need:
- Mixing bowl: A large mixing bowl to toss the salad ingredients together.
- Cutting board and knife: To chop and slice the vegetables, herbs, and other ingredients.
- Salad spinner: If using fresh greens like spinach, a salad spinner can be helpful to wash and dry them before assembling the salad.
- Blender or food processor: To make the Green Goddess dressing.
- Measuring cups and spoons: To measure the ingredients for the salad and dressing accurately.
How to store Green Goddess Salad
The best way to store Green Goddess Salad is to keep the dressing separate from the greens and other ingredients until you're ready to eat. Here are some steps you can follow to properly store your Green Goddess Salad:
- Remove any wilted or yellowed leaves from the greens and discard them.
- Wash the greens and vegetables thoroughly and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Add the greens, vegetables, and any other ingredients you're using to a large mixing bowl and toss them together.
- Store the mixed greens and vegetables in an airtight container or a large zip-top bag in the refrigerator. You can also use a salad container that comes with a dressing compartment.
- Store the Green Goddess dressing separately in a small airtight container or a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Keep both the salad and the dressing in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat. The greens and vegetables can be stored for up to 3-4 days, while the dressing can last for up to a week.
- When you're ready to eat, simply drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss it together.
By storing the Green Goddess Salad and dressing separately, you can keep the salad fresh and prevent it from becoming soggy or wilted.
TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe Top tips
Here are some top tips for making the TikTok Green Goddess Salad recipe:
- Use fresh ingredients: To make a delicious and nutritious salad, it's important to use fresh and high-quality ingredients. Choose crisp and colorful vegetables, ripe avocado, and fresh herbs for the best flavor and texture.
- Customize the salad: The TikTok Green Goddess Salad recipe is versatile and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Add or omit any ingredients as desired, and adjust the seasoning and dressing to your liking.
- Make the Green Goddess dressing in advance: To save time, you can prepare the Green Goddess dressing in advance and store it in the refrigerator. This way, you can easily assemble the salad whenever you're ready to eat.
- Use a salad spinner: If you're using fresh greens like spinach, a salad spinner can be helpful to wash and dry them thoroughly. This can help prevent the salad from becoming soggy and wilted.
- Store the salad and dressing separately: To keep the salad fresh and prevent it from becoming soggy, store the greens and other ingredients separately from the dressing. This way, you can easily assemble the salad whenever you're ready to eat.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove