This Quinoa Banana Bread is made almond & coconut flour, quinoa flakes, protein powder, bananas, eggs and coconut oil.
I know what you are thinking. No all purpose flour in this recipe?! This recipe is absolutely amazing because you pulse quinoa into a flour and use it instead, as well as almond and coconut flour.
What you will need
- Almond flour: This can be found in the baking section of your local grocery store. They also sell them at Walmart, Target, Aldi, and Trader Joes.
- Coconut Flour: This is the same as the almond flour, although can be a bit more difficult to find.
- Sugar: You can use regular granulated sugar instead, or light brown sugar.
- Coconut oil: I wanted to give coconut oil as an option but you can use butter too.
- Quinoa Flakes: I used the brand Ancient Harvest although I believe Shiloh Farms also has.
- Protein Powder: You can use your favorite protein powder for this part. I love using the chocolate flavored Orgain protein powder.
- Xanthan Gum: You can find Xanthan Gum along Walmart’s baking aisle next to powdered products like flour.
How to make Quinoa Banana Bread
Set the oven to 350°F.
Mix all the dry ingredient in a small bowl set aside.
Mix all the wet ingredients in a large bowl using a hand blender.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix still using the hand blender as quickly as you can (don’t overdo it since it will make the bread/muffins hard).
Pour into loaf bread container or 2 x 12 muffins.
Cook 35 minutes for the bread loaf or 22 minutes if you are making muffins. Use a toothpick and insert in the center to make sure it comes out clean. When it does, the bread is ready!
Cool the bread on a baking rack.