This Keto Eggplant Parmesan Pork Rinds dish is made with eggplants, parmesan cheese, pork rinds, mozzarella and baked to perfection.
This is an easy keto recipe that makes you forget you are even eating a vegetable. You can definitely make your own marinara sauce, but I decided to wing this recipe and just use a jar of Marinara sauce in the pantry!
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pork rinds
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Rub olive oil all over each eggplant slice.
To assemble, spread about ¾ cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9” square baking dish. Arrange eggplants on top and then sprinkle parmesan cheese. Spoon over another ¾ cup of sauce on the top and arrange another round of eggplant slices on top. Add the rest of the sauce on top of the eggplant. Add slices of mozzarella on the top and more parmesan.
Bake on the lower rack, uncovered, until the sauce bubbles and the top if golden, about 20-25 minutes. Let it cool for another 15 minutes to give it time to set and then chop and sprinkle the basil on top.
Hint: Make sure not to cover when baking or the cheese won't brown.
Eggplant: Eggplant is pretty essential for this, but I have seen people use zucchini or squash and make a parm with them.
Parmesan: I love using parmesan for this recipe, although asiago or pecorino romano works as well.
Mozzarella: This mozzarella is a perfect cheese to melt and create a delicious dish. You should use shredded mozzarella, but I prefer using the fresh mozzarella ball for a great melting experience.
Marinara: You can use any tomato sauce honestly for this recipe. I use the traditional marinara sauce, but you could use basil infused or vodka sauce.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- Deluxe - Serve this on a hero or roll!
- Kid friendly - This is such a kid friendly recipe, I promise they will love it.
Check out this SERRANO SALAMI HONEY PIZZA for another great recipe.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
I love using my Caraway pots, pans and baking sheets for best quality. Get yourself a discount by clicking here!
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Make sure not to cover when baking.Print
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove