This Keto Eggplant Parmesan Pork Rinds dish is made with eggplants, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, red pepper flakes and olive oil.
- 2 medium sized eggplants, sliced vertically
- 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 fresh mozzarella , sliced
- 1 jar of Marinara sauce (I love Raos)
- 6 pieces of basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Rub olive oil all over each eggplant slice.
- To assemble, spread about 3/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9” square baking dish. Arrange eggplants on top and then sprinkle parmesan cheese and pork rinds. Spoon over another 3/4 cup of sauce on the top and arrange another round of eggplant slices on top. Add the rest of the sauce on top of the eggplant. Add slices of mozzarella on the top and more parmesan.
- Bake on the lower rack, uncovered, until the sauce bubbles and the top if golden, about 20-25 minutes. Let it cool for another 15 minutes to give it time to set and then chop and sprinkle the basil on top.
- Finish the assembly with the fresh mozzarella on top
- Do not cover in the oven
- It is necessary to let the dish cool before serving
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 11.6 g
- Sodium: 1471 mg
- Fat: 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.2 g
- Fiber: 11.2 g
- Protein: 23.4 g
- Cholesterol: 57 mg