This beef and broccoli keto dish is made with flank steak, broccoli, onions, xanthan gum, erythritol, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
This is a one pot dish that is cooked in under 20 minutes. No need for take-out, this dish tastes as good as it gets, and has less GMOs, sugar, and unnecessary oils. It is so fresh and a much healthier version. Beef and Broccoli originated from a Chinese dish called Gai Lan Chao Niu Rou, which is Chinese Broccoli fried beef. I feel that most “Chinese” dishes made here are very Americanized and has become a new thing.
Typically flank steak is used for this beef and broccoli, but you could also use flat iron steak or skirt steak. I love garnishing with scallions and sesame seeds for that nice finish. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing to look at, but the scallions give it a nice taste.
To make this dish keto, instead of using cornstarch and brown sugar, we will be using xanthan gum and erythritol. If you would like to make the traditional beef and broccoli, use equal parts cornstarch instead of xanthan gum and equal parts brown sugar instead of erythritol.
How to make Beef and Broccoli Keto
- Add beef in a bowl and add the garlic, soy sauce, erythritol, ginger, and marinate for 3 hours.
- In a large deep saucepan on medium high heat, with tongs grab the steak and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Keep the marinade. When the steak is cooked through, remove on a plate.
- Add the xanthan gum and chicken broth into the marinade mixture.
- Wipe the skillet clean, lower heat to medium, heat up oil, and add the broccoli and onion. Cook the vegetables until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes. Pour in the marinade mixture and the steak and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.