These Vegan Tofu Wraps are made with store bought vegan Caesar dressing, flour tortillas, baked tofu, and topped with lettuce and pico de gallo.
This is such an easy mid-day snack for any Vegan food lover. I like to make extra of the tofu so I can assemble these anytime I want. Get your lunchboxes ready and make these Vegan Tofu Caesar wraps for the go. You can make the Vegan Caesar dressing, but I opted to use store-bought Caesar dressing. I like to have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go in the fridge. The tofu freezes well, so if you need to make a large batch and then take them out and use them, feel free! I have seen so many variations of Vegan Tofu wWaps, but this one is my favorite.
What is a Vegan Tofu Wrap?
A vegan tofu wrap is a plant-based wrap that typically includes tofu as the main protein source. It can be made with a variety of different fillings, but common ingredients include vegetables, such as lettuce, cucumber, carrots, and bell peppers, and a flavorful sauce or dressing, such as hummus or tahini. Tofu is a popular ingredient in vegan and vegetarian cuisine because it is a good source of protein, and it can be seasoned and cooked in a variety of different ways to create different flavors and textures. Vegan tofu wraps are a healthy and delicious option for those who follow a plant-based diet or those looking for a healthy lunch or snack option.
Why you will love these Vegan Tofu Wraps
- High in protein: Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. Vegan tofu wraps provide a filling and satisfying meal that can help keep you full for longer periods of time.
- Nutritious: Vegan tofu wraps are often made with a variety of vegetables and whole grain wraps, which provide essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are a nutritious meal option that can help support a healthy diet.
- Versatile: Vegan tofu wraps can be made with a variety of different ingredients, which means you can mix and match flavors and textures to create a wrap that suits your preferences.
- Easy to prepare: Vegan tofu wraps are easy to make and require minimal cooking, making them a great option for busy days when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- Portable: Vegan tofu wraps are a great on-the-go meal option, as they can be wrapped up and taken with you wherever you go.
Vegan Tofu Wraps Ingredients
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Extra-Firm Tofu
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Hot Sauce
- Flour Tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
- Vegan Caesar Dressing
See recipe card for Vegan Tofu Wraps quantities.
How to make Vegan Tofu Wraps
Cut the tofu into large chunks and add them to a bowl. Toss in the olive oil, hot sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and starch. Toss until the tofu is evenly coated.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with avocado oil. Spread the tofu evenly across the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until lightly golden.
Fill each wrap with the baked tofu, top with the pico de gallo, lettuce, quinoa, and dressing.
Wrap the tortillas around the filling like a burrito and enjoy right away.
Tofu: I like to get the “extra-firm” tofu in general. This makes it crispier and tastier in my opinion. Make sure to “press” the tofu, which means to get all the excess liquid out. I do this by placing paper towels around it and laying something heavy on it for at least 30 minutes.
Seasoning: I love using garlic and onion powder for this recipe. If you want something spicier, you could always add chili powder or paprika.
Olive oil: I love using olive oil for this recipe, although you can always use another oil like vegetable or sunflower oil. You could even use melted butter as the glue.
Lettuce: I have always preferred iceberg lettuce, but I think romaine or arugula would be great as well.
Vegan Tofu Wraps Recipe Variations
There are many variations of vegan tofu wrap recipes that you can try to suit your taste and dietary preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Spicy Tofu Wrap: Add some heat to your wrap by marinating the tofu in a spicy sauce, such as sriracha or chili sauce, and adding sliced jalapeños or other spicy peppers to the filling.
- Mediterranean Tofu Wrap: Fill your wrap with sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, hummus, and a sprinkle of feta cheese or vegan cheese, for a delicious Mediterranean-inspired wrap.
- Thai Tofu Wrap: Marinate the tofu in a peanut sauce and add shredded carrots, sliced red bell peppers, and cilantro to create a delicious Thai-inspired wrap.
- Buffalo Tofu Wrap: Toss the tofu in a buffalo sauce and add sliced celery, shredded lettuce, and vegan ranch dressing to create a tasty buffalo tofu wrap.
- Greek Tofu Wrap: Fill your wrap with sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, kalamata olives, vegan tzatziki sauce, and crumbled tofu feta cheese for a delicious Greek-inspired wrap.
- BBQ Tofu Wrap: Marinate the tofu in a BBQ sauce and add sliced red onion, shredded cabbage, and vegan mayo to create a delicious BBQ tofu wrap.
Check out my Sesame Tofu Recipe as well.
- Cutting board and sharp knife: You will need to chop and slice vegetables and tofu, so a cutting board and sharp knife are essential.
- Skillet or griddle: You will need a skillet or griddle to cook the tofu and vegetables.
- Mixing bowl: You will need a mixing bowl to prepare the marinade for the tofu.
- Measuring cups and spoons: You will need measuring cups and spoons to measure out the ingredients for the marinade and sauce.
- Tongs or spatula: You will need tongs or a spatula to flip the tofu and vegetables while they are cooking.
- Wrap or tortilla warmer: You can use a wrap or tortilla warmer to keep your wraps warm while you assemble them.
How to store Vegan Tofu Wraps
- Wrap them tightly: Wrap each tofu wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out.
- Store them in the refrigerator: Place the wrapped tofu wraps in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat them properly: When you are ready to eat the tofu wraps, reheat them in the microwave or in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
- Optional: You can also store the ingredients separately, such as the tofu, vegetables, and sauce, and assemble the wraps just before serving to keep them fresh.
Vegan Tofu Wraps Top tips
- Press the tofu: Press the tofu before using it to remove any excess water. This will help the tofu to absorb the marinade better and result in a firmer texture.
- Use fresh vegetables: Use fresh and crunchy vegetables, such as lettuce, cucumber, and carrots, to add texture and flavor to your tofu wraps.
- Add a sauce or dressing: A delicious sauce or dressing can take your tofu wraps to the next level. Try a vegan caesar, vegan ranch, tahini sauce, or peanut sauce, or make your own using your favorite ingredients.
- Warm the wrap: To make your wrap easier to roll and to enhance its flavor and texture, you can warm the wrap in a skillet or microwave for a few seconds before assembling.
- Get creative with the filling: You can get creative with the filling and use different ingredients and flavors to make your tofu wraps unique. Try adding different types of vegetables, fresh herbs, or vegan cheese to your wraps.
- Use a toothpick or wrap holder: To keep the wrap together and prevent it from falling apart, you can use a toothpick or wrap holder to hold it in place.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove