This Roasted Pepper Tomato Burrata is made with red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, garlic, oregano, balsamic, honey, and burrata cheese.
This is one of my favorite appetizers ever. Not only does it feel light, but it tastes so freaking delicious. The honey balances the tanginess of the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. It is such a treat and always a crowd pleaser. I add sweet cherry tomatoes and spoon it over the fresh burrata cheese, it makes the dish tasty and colorful. You could even add this in an Italian sandwich!
What you will need
- Olive oil: I would use good quality extra-virgin olive oil for this dish. There is a lot of it so this will give it the best taste.
- Bell Pepper: I used a red bell pepper but the color is totally up to you. I ended up slicing it instead of dicing.
- Cherry tomatoes: I love roasting cherry tomatoes because it really brings out so much flavor in so any dishes. The cherry tomatoes are essential to use for this appetizer.
- Garlic: You can minced the garlic instead of smashing them, totally up to you. You can even use the garlic from the jar, although use fresh garlic for best taste.
- Oregano: I used oregano for this dish although thyme works just as good.
- Balsamic vinegar: I used a bottle of good quality balsamic vinegar, although red wine veingar would work for this too.
- Honey: The honey is used to counteract the acidity of the tomatoes and vinegar - you hardly will taste it. It is such a great combination!
- Burrata cheese: I used burrata cheese for this although if you have a fresh mozzarella that could work as well.
How to make Roasted Pepper Tomato Burrata
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a small baking dish, add the olive oil, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, balsamic vinegar, honey and salt. Combined well and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the tomatoes are bursting and the pepper is soft. Remove the baking dish from the oven give the mixture a good stir. Make space in the middle of the dish and arrange the burrata in there. Cut the burrata open and serve with crackers or toasted bread.