This Portobello Mushroom Burger Bun is made with portobello mushrooms, ground beef, bacon, cheese, pickles, tomatoes, and onion.
I love carbs so much, if I could marry them, I would. They pull at my heart strings! Don't even get me started on burgers. Now, what if you could have something that tasted just like a burger without eating bread?! This recipe is incredibly tasty and fulfills your burger satisfaction.
What you will need
Mushroom: It is essential for you to use portobello mushrooms since they are the biggest mushrooms. If you are just going for taste, you could saute button or cremini mushroom and mix it up with the ground beef and bacon.
Ground beef: If you want to make this healthier, you could always skip the bacon and use ground turkey instead. I really love the combination of the ground beef and bacon though.
How to make Portobello Mushroom Burger Bun
- Preheat the oven to 420 F.
- Remove the middle of the mushroom caps and toss.
- Heat a skillet over medium high and place the bacon. Cook for about 4 minutes and flip for another 2 minutes. If you would like the bacon to be crispier, leave it on for longer. Place the bacon on a plate with a paper towel.
- In the same skillet, cook the ground beef for 6 minutes, breaking the meat into smaller pieces and season with onion power and garlic powder. Chop the bacon and throw back into the skillet with the meat. Wait until the moisture evaporates and allow the meat to brown. Make sure there is no signs of pink!
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded cheddar, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño, and the meat mixture. This is your filling!
- Place the portobello mushrooms on a baking pan and drizzle olive oil over each. Place the filling on top of each mushroom evenly. You can add more cheese on top if you wish! Place them in the oven for 10 minutes. Garnish with mustard, shredded lettuce or pickled jalapeños as you wish.