This Vegetable Pad Thai is made with rice noodles, garlic, ginger, eggs, bell pepper, peanuts, scallions, limes and cilantro.
Pad Thai is one of my weekly cravings I have ever since I left NYC. If you are having the same cravings and would rather cook the dish from home/make a healthier alternative, you need to try this! I love the flavors of the soy sauce, lime and cilantro combined.
What is Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is a noodle dish made with chewy rice noodles, vegetables, peanuts, and egg among many other sauces. Pad Thai became westernized back in the 1930s when the United States economy was suffering. Rice noodles were cheap, filling and nutritious.
What is the difference between Pad Thai and Lo Mein?
The main difference between Pad Thai and Lo Mein is that Pad Thai uses rice noodles and Lo Mein uses egg noodles. Pad Thai also includes veggies and peanuts!
What is a good wine for Pad Thai?
A nice Riesling or rose would go well with Pad Thai!
How to make Vegetable Pad Thai:
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg
- In a large wok or skillet on medium high heat, add the bell pepper, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Push to the side, add a little more olive oil and add the beaten eggs and scramble them.
- Pour in the sauce and noodles. Toss for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanuts
- Top with the scallions and cilantro.