These Easy Oven Baked Ribs are made with spare ribs, olive oil, brown sugar or erythritol, paprika, cumin, oregano, onion powder and cayenne powder.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or erythritol if keto)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 racks of spareribs, about 3 pounds each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Combine the erythritol, paprika, black pepper, cumin, oregano, salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and combined well.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towel.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Take the membrane off the bony part of the ribs to ensure the ribs cook through and become tender.
- Brush the olive oil on each ribs, both sides. Sprinkle the dry rub evenly across the ribs and use your hands to rub it in. Place the ribs bone side down on the sheet pan.
- Bake the ribs, uncovered, for 3 hours and 30 minutes, or until the meat falls off the bone.
- When you take off the membrane, feel free to use a knife to gently slide under the membrane and then using your fingers, pull the membrane away from the bones. Sometimes it can be slippery, so feel free to use a paper towel to hold it with the other hand as you pull.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 1333
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.9g