This Filipino Adobo Chicken is made with chicken drumsticks, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and simmered into perfection.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, on the bone (skinless optional)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Salt, as desired
- Marinate the chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorns, salt and garlic for at least an hour to 6 hours.
- In a large lidded saucepan on medium-high heat, add oil and wait for it to shimmer. Add the drumsticks (reserve the marinade) and brown all over, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway.
- Pour the marinade into the pot, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook an additional 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces.
- Discard the bay leaves and serve over Cilantro Lime rice. Salt as needed.
- Marinate overnight for best results!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Filipino
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 291.5
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 1,003.6 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 33.0 g
- Cholesterol: 78.3 mg