This Keto Lemon Chicken is made with chicken breasts, lemon, flour, butter, garlic, white wine, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes.
Chicken does not have to be boring. This is a great chicken recipe that has the perfect texture and tang to it. Maxine's famous Breaded Lemon Chicken is what everybody needs in the world!
What you will need
- Chicken: I used chicken breast for this although you could use boneless chicken thighs.
- Almond Flour: You could use almond flour or coconut flour. The flour helps make the chicken crispy.
- Olive oil: I used good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Butter: I used salted butter but you could use ghee or unsalted butter and salt yourself.
- Lemons: For best taste, use real lemons and not store bought lemon juice. I sliced the lemons and caramelized them on each side.
What are good substitutes for this dish?
Instead of white wine, you can always use more chicken broth and a pinch of lemon juice.
What sides go well with this dish?
I would use some grilled asparagus or mashed cauliflower.
How to make Keto Lemon Chicken
Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Place the almond flour in a baking dish and dredge the chicken in the flour.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Set aside on a plate.
Add the butter on medium low heat and wait for the butter to melt. Add the lemon slices and caramelize, 30 seconds one each side. Remove the lemon and set aside on another plate.
Add 1 tablespoon tablespoon of olive oil if needed, and add the garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute, or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the chicken, white wine, and chicken broth and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Spoon over sauce for the last 3 minutes.
Other dishes to try
- MANGROVE SNAPPER WITH BUTTER, LEMON AND CAPERS
- BROILED LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS
- FLOUNDER WITH LEMON AND CAPERS