This is an easy way to grill a rib eye steak.
- 2 pounds of a 2 inch thick rib eye steak
- Start by salting the steak. You want to salt the steak one hour before cooking per inch thick the steak is. This means if I am cooking a 2 inch steak, I will salt my steak 2 hours before cooking. Some people even salt the steak overnight and this will bring in the most flavor!
- Turn the grill on medium-high heat and sear for 2 minutes on each side. If it needs, you can do 20 seconds on each of the thick sides as well.
- Lower the heat to medium low and grill for 10-15 minutes to your desired doneness. 10 minutes for rare, 15 for medium and 15 for well done.
- When you are done, remove the steak and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving, as it still cooks even when it sits. You could even wrap some foil around it to cook more. You want to get around a 145 internal temperature.
- Rest steak in room temperature for an hour before grilling.
- Make sure to let it rest before slicing.
- Prep Time: 2 Hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Fat: 1- g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 23 g