This Zucchini Pasta Bake is made with zucchinis, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil, oregano, and rigatoni pasta.
I needed to try this TikTok Feta pasta trend so I decided to add a twist to it with zucchini instead. I love eating vegetables so much not only because they are good for you, but they make me feel great. Zucchini is rich in many nutrients, high in antioxidants, contributes to healthy digestions and reduces blood sugar levels.
This is a great pasta dish because the zucchini is baked and creates a creamy sort of sauce without using any cream. The bursting cherry tomatoes gives it so much flavor as well. This pasta is full of veggies making it healthy…ish. I love the colors in this dish and it will definitely get you excited for the fall.
What you will need
- Feta Cheese: I would get Greek feta which is briny, tangy and sharp. You must get the block as getting the already crumble cheese won’t melt well.
- Zucchini: I used 2 medium zucchinis but you can use one large one.
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry or grape tomatoes that are small and burst perfectly.
- Garlic: You can smash the garlic or mince it.
- Olive Oil: I would extra virgin olive oil for best quality and taste.
- Pasta: I used rigatoni but you can use any bite size pasta.
How to make Zucchini Pasta Bake
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
In a large baking dish, place the block of feta cheese in the middle and add the zucchini, cherry tomatoes and garlic around it. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano.
Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes are bursting and the zucchini is golden.
When there is 10 minutes left of baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Take the vegetables out of the oven and give the vegetable mixture a nice stir. Toss in the pasta into the baking dish and coat the pasta in the mixture.
Garnish with parsley.