This Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe is made with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, lemon zest, tuna, and rigatoni pasta.
I needed to try this TikTok Feta pasta trend so I decided to add a twist to it with tuna. Canned tuna is so underrated - they’re inexpensive, require no cooking, and are packed with protein. It is super easy to add this tuna to the amazing Tiktok Feta Pasta dish.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Feta cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Can of tuna
- Rigatoni or bite sized pasta
See recipe card for Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe quantities.
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large ovenproof making dish, place the feta in the center of the dish and add the tomatoes, shallot garlic, and olive oil around. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta is golden on top.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pasta instructions.
Add the cooked pasta and tuna and stir.
Add parmesan cheese on top or even extra crumbled feta cheese.
Hint: Don't forget to cook the pasta al dente!
- Feta Cheese: I would get Greek feta which is briny, tangy and sharp. You must get the block as getting the already crumble cheese won’t melt well.
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry or grape tomatoes that are small and burst perfectly.
- Shallot: I used a shallot but you can use a ¼ cup onion, finely diced.
- Garlic: You can smash the garlic or mince it.
- Olive Oil: I would use extra virgin olive oil for best quality and taste.
- Tuna: I went for a better brand of tuna than usual with larger chunks of tuna. You can also use the “chunk light” tuna, which is more shredded and flakier – either canned tuna works!
- Pasta: I used rigatoni but you can use any bite size pasta.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes on the pasta.
- Deluxe - add a dash of sour cream for more creamy goodness.
- Kid friendly - Add fun sized pasta for your kid!
Check out this Pancetta Mushroom Creamy Pasta.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
I love using my Caraway pots, pans and baking sheets for best quality. Get yourself a discount by clicking here!
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, or frozen up to three months.
Use a block of feta cheese, not crumbled feta.Print
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove