This Venetian-Style Scallops is made with scallops, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, garnished with parsley and seared to perfection.
Making this dish is cheaper than going to a restaurant and just as good, if not better! These crispy, pan seared scallops are such a treat and can be garnished with extra parsley. The scallops melt in your mouth.
Do not be intimidated to make this, I promise if you read the instructions, it is very simple. Obviously, you have to try this dish with a glass of dry white wine. You should buy fresh scallops for the best taste, but frozen can work too. Just place the frozen scallops in cold water for 20 minutes until thawed completely.
How to make Venetian-Style Scallops
- Wash scallops under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the scallops. Heat oil in a medium skillet on medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Place the scallops in the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley and mix well. Serve immediately.