This Spicy Lemon Swordfish on the Grill is made with swordfish steaks, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon, hot sauce and grilled to perfection.
- 3 swordfish steaks, about 5 to 6 ounces each
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons hot sauce (Valentina, Cholula, or Franks)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Brush each swordfish with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper (as much or as little as you like). Flip the swordfish and repeat on the other side.
- Place the swordfish on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on one side then flip the sword fish. Apply the hot sauce on the cooked side with a brush. Cook for an extra 4 minutes, flip and apply hot sauce on the other side. The fish should flake easily while maintaining firmness.
- Remove the swordfish from the grill and add on a plate. Finish with a splash of fresh lemon juice.
- You will need to adjust the grilling time depending on the thickness of the swordfish steaks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 199.7
- Sugar: 0.0 g
- Sodium: 130.8 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 29.0 g
- Cholesterol: 56.7 mg