These Instant Pot Kidney Beans are cooked in the instant pot and then served with crumbled bacon, lemon, and parsley.
My favorite thing to do now is to cook dry beans in the instant pot – that is how my Red Beans with Bacon and Herbs from scratch dish was created! In the past, I have made beans from scratch using a stovetop pot and soaking the beans overnight. Making beans in the instant pot lets you skip the soaking and immediately cooking them. It is absolutely amazing and they are so tender and delicious! You can choose to serve this over rice as well.
One of my favorite easy rice and beans recipe are made from beans from a can. I started getting into making dry beans using the instant pot. I recently made Restaurant Chipotle Style Beans and it was delicious. This Red Beans with Bacon and Herbs from scratch dish is pretty similar but pairs very well with southern style food.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Kidney Beans
See recipe card for quantities.
Add the kidney beans and water in the instant pot as well as the salt.
Stir and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes and let the beans naturally release.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy and lay them on a paper towel. When they are cool, pat them dry and crumble. Strain the beans and return the beans to the pot. Add the crumbled crispy bacon.
Squeeze the lime juice. Salt to taste. Garnish with parsley. Serve over rice, if desired!
Hint: No need to rinse beans if cooking in Instant Pot.
Beans: You can use any type of bean you want. I love using kidney or red beans for this recipe, because it compliments the bacon a lot.
Bacon: Instead of bacon, you can use baked prosciutto, cooked ham or turkey.
Cooking is a chance to be creative! Have fun with it and feel free to make your own variation.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes into the pressure cooker.
- Deluxe - serve with sliced avocados and tortilla chips.
- Kid friendly - your kids will love the bacon and bean combination.
Check out this Pork Birria Tacos for dinner.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
I love using my Caraway pots, pans and baking sheets for best quality. Get yourself a discount by clicking here!
This will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
These ingredients can be frozen for up to three months.
If cooking in an Instant Pot, you do not need to rinse the beans. This saves so much time!Print
Instant Pot Kidney Beans
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
These Instant Pot Kidney Beans are cooking in the instant pot and then served with crumbled bacon, lemon, and parsley.
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces bacon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Add the beans and water in the instant pot as well as the salt. Stir and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes and let the beans naturally release. Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy and lay them on a paper towel. When they are cool, pat them dry and crumble.
- Strain the beans and return the beans to the pot. Add the crumbled crispy bacon. Squeeze the lime juice. Salt to taste. Garnish with parsley.
- You do not need to presoak beans
- If you prefer super soft beans, add an extra 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 129.3
- Sugar: 0.0 g
- Sodium: 197.9 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
- Cholesterol: 17.0 mg
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Leave a Reply