This Vegan Gazpacho is made with tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, onion, bell pepper, olive oil and salt.
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- 1 clove of garlic, cored
- ½ white onion
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- ¼ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, as desired
- Toppings: Diced cucumber or bell pepper
- Wash and dry all the vegetables.
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters and add into the blender.
- For the garlic, make sure to get rid of the core, which contains that bitterness.
- Blend the onion in the blender.
- Add the peeled cucumber.
- Blend the vegetables at high speed until pureed.
- On low speed, slowly pour in the good quality olive oil.
- Taste and add salt and desired. (If the texture is too thick, see note below.)
- Refrigerate and serve very cold.
Note: if you prefer your gazpacho thin instead of chunky, add the gazpacho in a strainer and strain until thin. I prefer gazpacho thick. You could also add cold water to thin it out.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 107.0
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 889.5 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 1.9 g