This Tuna Tartare Recipe with Avocado is made with sushi-grade tuna, avocado, cucumber, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and sesame seeds.
- ½ pound sushi grade tuna, cut into tiny cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice ½ lime
- Add the sauce into a bowl and mix. Pour in the diced tuna and mix together.
- Pour in the tuna into a ramekin and then place the diced avocado and cucumber into it. Use a fork to press the ingredients down into the ramekin.
- Place a plate on top of the ramekin and flip it, the way you would a Spanish tortilla.
- Enjoy alone or with wonton crackers or tortilla chips.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: Since tuna tartare is a raw dish, it's important to use fresh, high-quality ingredients to ensure both safety and optimal flavor. Make sure the tuna is fresh and sushi-grade, and that any other ingredients you use are as fresh as possible. It's also important to keep everything clean and sanitary while preparing the dish.
- Chill the Ingredients: Before making the tuna tartare, chill the ingredients in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to make them easier to handle and to keep the dish as cold as possible. This will help preserve the freshness and flavor of the ingredients.
- Don't Overmix: When mixing the ingredients together, be gentle and avoid overmixing. Overmixing can break down the texture of the tuna and result in a mushy consistency.
- Taste and Adjust Seasoning: Before serving the tuna tartare, taste it and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add more salt, lime juice, or other seasonings to taste, until you achieve the perfect balance of flavors.
- Presentation: Tuna tartare is a beautiful dish, and presentation is key. Use a ring mold to create a neat, round shape for the tuna tartare, and garnish with fresh herbs or other toppings for a beautiful and appetizing presentation.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Plating
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 231.9
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 199.0 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 34.2 g
- Cholesterol: 65.7 mg