This The Best Pasta Dough for Kitchenaid Mixer is made with eggs, flour, olive oil, and salt.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add the eggs in the bowl. Using the flat beater, beat the eggs. Switch to the dough hook and throw in the flour, olive oil and salt. Beat for about 3-4 minutes, or until the dough indents when you touch it. If the dough feels too sticky, add flour. If it feels too dry, add water.
- Put the dough in Tupperware or a bowl with cling wrap. Let is rest for at least 1 hour.
- Attach the pasta roller attachment on the kitchen aid mixer. Grab some of the dough and roll into a ball the size of a ping pong ball (this is to know how much you should be using). Keep the rest of the dough in the Tupperware/cling wrap. Flatten the dough with your hand on a floured surface. Turn the pasta attachment on and feed the dough through the pasta roller set to #1. Fold the pasta in half and feed it through the machine again. Set to #2 and feed it through. Pat the dough with flour on both sides and feed through 2 again. Feed through 3, and finally through 4. Switch the pasta roller attachment to the spaghetti or fettuccini attachment. Just like the roller, feed the flattened dough through the new attachment. You can make nests in the pasta or hang the pasta on a pasta drying tree.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. When there is a rolling boil, add the pasta and boil for 4-5 minutes, or until al dente.
- If the dough is too sticky, add a little bit of flour. If it is too dry, add water.
- Prep Time: 1 Hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-5 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Italian