This Spinach Soup Recipe (Vegan and Keto) is made with spinach, onion, garlic, coconut milk, cooked and blended to perfection.
- 1 pound of fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- ¼ cup milk or, if vegan, coconut milk
- Optional: croutons, for garnish
- In a saucepot on medium heat, add the oil and wait for it to shimmer. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir every once in a while, until the spinach wilts. Keep adding more spinach, and keep stirring, until all of the spinach has shriveled.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture has boiled, add everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the spinach soup back into the pot and mix in the milk.
- Serve in individual bowls and top each bowl with some croutons.
For best quality, use fresh spinach from a bag or clear plastic box. Although the bag might seem big, the spinach will shrivel into such small pieces, making it necessary to use the entire bag. You can do this in batches as the spinach shrivels.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 321.5
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 107.5 mg
- Fat: 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 15.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 75.9 mg