This Shiitake Mushroom Burger is made with ground beef, button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, Vidalia onions, and cheese.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 pound of fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1 ounce of dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 slices of cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by pulsing the dried shiitake mushroom in a food processor until it turns into a powder.
- Add the ground beef into a bowl along with the mushroom powder, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. With your hands, mix until everything is combined.
- Form the patties, they should be about 5-6 patties!
- Make the mushroom and onion toppings. In a saucepan on medium high heat, add the butter and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. When the butter melts, add the onion and stirring for about 3 minutes. Add the fresh mushrooms and sauté for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to low and keep sautéing for 10 more minutes.
- Grill the burgers for about 5-8 minutes per side. You should cut the thickest patty and check the inside to see if you need to cook for longer.
- When the burgers are almost done, add the cheese and allow to melt.
- Optional: grill the buns for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side before serving!
- Assemble the burgers and top with the sautéed mushroom and onions!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 270.0
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 396mg
- Fat: 10.1g
- Carbohydrates: 30.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 13.3g