This Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza Recipe is made with pizza dough, pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, jalapeño and baked to perfection.
- 1 pre-made pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the pizza dough package or to 425°F (220°C) if using homemade dough.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Transfer the rolled dough to a pizza stone or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, covering the entire pizza.
- Arrange the sliced pepperoni, jalapeño slices, and halved cherry tomatoes on top of the cheese. You can adjust the amount of jalapeños based on your desired level of spiciness.
- Season the pizza with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- If desired, tear a few fresh basil leaves and scatter them over the toppings for added flavor.
- Lightly brush the crust with olive oil to help it brown and become crisp in the oven.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown, and the crust is cooked through.
- Once the pizza is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. This will help the cheese set and make it easier to slice.
- Slice the pizza into wedges or squares and serve hot. You can garnish with additional fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Use quality ingredients: Choose fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. Opt for good-quality pepperoni, fresh jalapeños, and high-grade cheese for a delicious pizza.
- Adjust jalapeño quantity: The spiciness of jalapeños can vary, so adjust the quantity according to your taste preferences. If you prefer milder heat, remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeños before slicing them.
- Precook pepperoni: If you like your pepperoni crispy, consider briefly cooking it in a skillet before adding it to the pizza. This will give it a delicious crunch when the pizza is baked.
- Don't overload the toppings: While it's tempting to pile on the toppings, be careful not to overload the pizza. Too many toppings can make the crust soggy and prevent even cooking. Keep the toppings balanced for the best texture and taste.
- Preheat the oven and pizza stone: For a crispy crust, make sure to preheat your oven and pizza stone (if using) before baking the pizza. This ensures that the dough gets a good initial heat and results in a nicely cooked crust.
- Use cornmeal or flour: Dusting the pizza peel or baking sheet with cornmeal or flour before placing the pizza on it helps prevent sticking and facilitates easy transfer to the oven.
- Experiment with cheese: While mozzarella is commonly used on pizza, feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. Try adding a bit of Parmesan, provolone, or cheddar to enhance the flavor profile.
- Let the pizza rest before slicing: After baking, allow the pizza to rest for a few minutes before slicing. This helps the cheese and toppings settle, making it easier to cut and reducing the risk of burning yourself.
- Customize and get creative: Don't be afraid to customize your Jalapeño Pepperoni Pizza to suit your taste. Add extra ingredients like sliced onions, bell peppers, or even pineapple for a personalized touch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 910 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg