This Seafood Fra Diavolo Recipe is made with shrimp, red pepper flakes, onion, tomatoes, white wine, garlic, parsley and served with spaghetti.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- In a medium bowl, add the shrimp with a pinch of salt and the red pepper flakes and toss.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil on medium high and wait for it to shimmer.
- Add the shrimp and sauté until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp and set on a plate.
- Add the onion in the same skillet and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, oregano and garlic and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Return the shrimp to the sauce and remove from heat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with spaghetti.
- Use fresh ingredients: The quality of the ingredients is key to making a great Shrimp Fra Diavolo. Use fresh shrimp, canned tomatoes, and fresh herbs for the best flavor.
- Use large shrimp: Using large shrimp will give the dish a more substantial texture and flavor. If you only have small shrimp, you can use them, but the texture will be different.
- Cook the shrimp just right: Shrimp cooks quickly, so be careful not to overcook them. They are done when they turn pink and slightly curled. If they're cooked too long, they will become tough and rubbery.
- Use a mix of canned and fresh tomatoes: Using a mix of canned and fresh tomatoes will give the sauce a more complex flavor. The canned tomatoes add depth, while the fresh tomatoes add brightness.
- Adjust the spiciness: Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your taste. If you prefer a milder dish, reduce the amount of red pepper flakes. If you like it spicy, add more.
- Let the sauce simmer: Letting the sauce simmer for at least 30 minutes will allow the flavors to develop and meld together.
- Serve with a crusty bread: Shrimp Fra Diavolo sauce is perfect for dipping with crusty bread. Warm up some bread and serve it on the side for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Don't forget the finishing touches: Finish the dish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for brightness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 287.6
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 948.7 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 24.5 g
- Cholesterol: 172.5 mg