This Marry Me Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes is made with chicken breasts, butter, oregano, garlic, sun-dried Tomatoes, broth, cream, parmesan and spinach.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thick chicken breasts
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup spinach
- 1.2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Dredge the chicken. In a shallow plate, add the almond flour and dredge all four pieces of chicken in the flour. If you need more flour, feel free to use more.
- Brown the chicken. In a large saucepan on medium high heat, add oil and wait for it to shimmer. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 4 minds on each side, and set aside on a plate. (Chicken does not need to be cooked through yet). You may need to brown the chicken in batches.
- Add veggies. In the same saucepan, add onion and butter, and cook until soft about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sundried tomatoes, stirring frequently. Seasons with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook chicken. Return the chicken, add spinach and pour in the chicken broth. Change heat to medium low, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is white, cooked through, and no longer pink on the inside.
- Make the sauce: Take the chicken back out and set aside on a plate. Turn heat off and stir in the cream and parmesan in the sauce. Stir well and pour that sauce over the chicken.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are ideal for this dish, as they cook quickly and evenly. Make sure to pound the chicken to an even thickness before cooking, so that it cooks evenly.
- Don't overcrowd the pan: Cook the chicken in batches if necessary, so that the pieces have enough room to cook evenly and develop a nice sear.
- Use fresh herbs: Fresh herbs add a bright, flavorful touch to Marry Me Chicken. If you have fresh herbs on hand, use them instead of dried herbs.
- Use high-quality ingredients: The quality of the ingredients can make a big difference in the taste of the dish. Use high-quality chicken, fresh vegetables, and good-quality cheese for the best results.
- Let the sauce thicken: After adding the cream and cheese to the pan, let the sauce simmer and thicken for a few minutes. This will help it to develop a rich, velvety texture.
- Finish in the oven (optional): For an extra touch of flavor and texture, transfer the chicken to an oven-safe dish and bake it in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite sides: Marry Me Chicken is a versatile dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Consider serving it with pasta, rice, vegetables, or a fresh green salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 335.0
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 606.3 mg
- Fat: 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 33.5 g
- Cholesterol: 109.2 mg