These Baked Honey Mustard Drumsticks Recipe are made with chicken drumsticks, honey, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat your drumsticks dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the prepared dish and season with salt and pepper all over.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a bowl and mix.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken drumsticks and toss gently to coat well. You may also use a basting brush to brush the sauce evenly on the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, until cooked through, internal temperature should be 165F.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the drumsticks are fully cooked. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure that it is safe to eat.
- For extra crispy skin, place the drumsticks on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. This will allow air to circulate around the drumsticks and help the skin crisp up.
- If you like your drumsticks spicier, you can add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the honey mustard sauce.
- To make cleanup easier, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper before placing the drumsticks on it.
- Allow the drumsticks to rest for a few minutes after taking them out of the oven. This will help the juices redistribute throughout the meat, making it more tender and juicy.
- If you want to make a larger batch of drumsticks, you can easily double or triple the recipe. Just make sure to use a larger baking sheet and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 340kcal
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 1316mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 139mg