This Air Fried Bok Choy Recipe is made with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, air fried and served with a delicious honey soy sauce.
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or more if you desire)
- Rinse the bok choy and pat dry. Cut the baby bok choy lengthwise.
- Spray the inside of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray. Place the baby bok choy cut side up. Drizzle sesame oil and sprinkle garlic powder on the bok choy.
- Air fry at 350°F for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the dipping sauce. Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle the bok choy with sesame seeds and dip into the sauce.
- Use fresh bok choy: Fresh bok choy will have a crisp texture and bright green color, which will make for better air frying results.
- Coat the bok choy evenly with oil: To ensure the bok choy gets crispy and golden brown, it's important to coat it evenly with oil. Use a light coating of oil, just enough to lightly coat the bok choy leaves.
- Season the bok choy: Adding seasonings to the bok choy will help enhance its flavor. Try using garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or other herbs and spices.
- Shake the air fryer basket: Shake the basket a few times during the cooking process to ensure even cooking and browning of the bok choy.
- Serve immediately: Air fried bok choy is best enjoyed immediately after cooking while it's still crispy. If you need to hold it for a bit, keep it in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg