This Southern Pot Roast is made with chuck roast, vegetables, and is roasted in the oven for two hours.
- 3 pounds Chuck Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- ⅓ cup flour (use almond flour for keto)
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- ½ cup red wine, like cabernet sauvignon
- 3 cups beef broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon gravy master
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Add flour, salt and pepper on a pan and dredge the meat.
- In a large dutch oven, heat up the butter and olive oil. On medium high heat, add the dredged meat and sear the meat on both sides, about 3-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak. After meat is brown, remove and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to low, add 1 cup of beef broth and add onions, garlic, carrots and celery and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat back in the dutch oven, then the red wine, 2 cups of broth, the bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours at 275°F.
- Stir in the gravy master. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American