This Prosciutto and Ricotta Toast Recipe with Honey Roasted Tomatoes is made with sourdough bread or a baguette, ricotta, lemon, honey, and basil.
- 1 sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 - 1/2 pound sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Roma or Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 tablespoon honey
Honey Lemon Sauce:
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Bake the prosciutto. Cook prosciutto for 8-10 minutes at 375 F and set on a plate with a paper towel.
- Bake the tomatoes. Switch oven temperature to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of honey and olive oil as needed. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Make the sauce. In a small saucepan, heat together 1/4 cup honey, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a quick simmer and remove from heat quickly.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, add the cut up basil, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Pour the honey, lemon zest and juice into the bowl.
- Combine tomatoes & dressing. When the tomatoes are roasted, add them into the bowl with the dressing.
- Assemble the Ricotta Toast. Spread the ricotta cheese on a piece of toast. Top with the Tomatoes and Prosciutto.
- When you heat up the lemon and honey, make sure to time it when the tomatoes and bread are fresh out the oven.
- Add as much or as little prosciutto as you would like
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 19 mg