This Mojo Skirt Steak with Chimichurri sauce is made with skirt steak, marinated with a mojo sauce, and topped with a homemade chimichurri sauce.
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon meat seasoning (I used Chef Merito)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (I used Chef Merito)
- 1 cup store bought mojo marinade (I used chef merito)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chimichurri sauce
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 8 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Marinate the meat. Sprinkle meat seasoning, garlic salt all over the skirt steak. Add the steak in a large Ziplock bag, and pour in the mojo marinade. Place the marinated steak in fridge and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. For best results, marinate overnight.
- Make the chimichurri sauce: Place the parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse but do not puree. Place the chimichurri in a close jar or Tupperware and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Take the meat out an hour before cooking so it can reach room temperature. Heat up the grill on high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Place the steak on the grill and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Thermometer should read 120°F for medium rare and 130°F for medium. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak against the grain and drizzle with chimichurri sauce.
- You can use store bought chimichurri or make your own
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Latin