To make this Manhattan cocktail, all you need are three ingredients: Bourbon, Vermouth, and Bitters. Traditionally, the cocktail is made with rye whiskey, stirred, and garnished with a maraschino cherry. There are many variations on the drink but I personally prefer garnishing with an orange peel.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Optional: Orange Peel or maraschino cherry
- In a cocktail mixing glass, combine the whiskey, vermouth, and bitters. Fill the glass with ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry or orange peel.
- Traditionally stirred, not shaken
- Garnish with a cherry or orange peel
- instead of bitters you could use Cynar
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 290.0
- Sugar: 2.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g