This Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Leeks is a healthy hearty dinner made with leeks, onion, garlic, celery, vegetable stock and green lentils.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 ¼ cups green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 liters vegetable stock
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For Stovetop: Rinse the lentils and leave to stand in water whilst preparing the rest of the veggies.
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven on medium heat, sauté leeks, onion, garlic and celery until soft in the olive oil.
- Drain the lentils and add them into the pot.
- Add the bay leaf, stock, thyme into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about an hour or until the lentils are soft. Remove the thyme stems and bay leaf and serve.
- For Instant Pot or pressure cooker: (No need to rinse lentils) Hit the sauté button and function for 10 minutes. In the instant pot, add the olive oil.
- Sauté leeks, onion, garlic and celery until soft in the olive oil. Add the lentils, bay leaf, stock, and thyme into the pressure cooker and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes, allow the cooker to release pressure naturally. This will take an extra 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the thyme stems and bay leaf and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American