This Lamb Sirloin Roast is made with bone-in roasted leg of lamb flavored with garlic, olive oil, fresh rosemary, lemon juice and red wine.
- 4 to 5 trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan or a deep cast iron with aluminum foil.
- Crush the garlic into a paste with a mortar and pestle. If you don’t have one, you can use a coffee mug and a cutting board or a Ziplock bag and a blunt object.
- Pat the lamb dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, rosemary, Lemon Juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb leg on top of the roasting pan and massage the leg with the rosemary mixture. Pour the wine over the leg and roast in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, until the leg reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Let the leg rest for 15 minutes before slicing. It keeps cooking when it rests!
- Optional: Score the lamb and stick crushed garlic into the cuts. This gives the lamb extra flavor and is so delicious.
- Important: Make sure to let the lamb rest for 15 minutes before slicing!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 126.9
- Sugar: 0.0 g
- Sodium: 15.5 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 27.3 mg