These Oven Baked Lamb Meatballs with Tzatziki is created by making a homemade tzatziki sauce and deliciously baked lamb meatballs.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Make the Tzatziki: In a food processor, start by pulsing the cucumber but do not overpulse. Put the cucumber on top of a clean towel and squeeze all that water out. Put to the side.
- In the same food processor, place the garlic, lemon juice, dill, and olive oil. Pulse until well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the yogurt and pour in the garlic mixture. Place the cucumber into the bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir. This is your tzatziki!
- Make the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, bread crumbs, vinegar, parsley, egg, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and oil. Combine but do not overmix.
- Place the meatballs on a prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs: Transfer the meatballs to a serving platter and serve with the tzatziki sauce alongside.
Do not overmix the lamb mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Greek