This Iced Chai Latte Starbucks Recipe is made with chai tea bags, milk and sweetener of your choice, ice, water and whipped cream.
- 1 cup water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 ½ cup ice
- 3/4 cup milk any percentage
- Sweetener of your choice, like honey, sugar, stevia, or maple syrup
- Whipped cream optional for topping
- In a tea kettle or pot, bring the water to a boil and turn off immediately. Place the tea bags in a mug and pour the hot water into the mug all the way. Steep for five minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in your choice of sweetener until dissolved. Add in the refrigerator until cooled.
- Fill a big glass with ice. Add milk.
- Pour chai mixture over the milk and stir to combine. Top with whipped cream.
Brew strong tea: Chai tea can be quite mild, so make sure to brew it strong to get the maximum flavor. Use two tea bags or double the amount of loose tea to get a strong brew.
Use cold milk: To keep your iced chai latte chilled, use cold milk straight from the fridge. It will also help to cool down the tea quickly.
Sweeten to taste: Chai lattes are traditionally sweetened with honey or sugar, but you can use any sweetener you prefer. Start with a small amount and add more as needed until it's to your liking.
Add spices: If you want to give your iced chai latte an extra flavor boost, try adding a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or other spices to your drink.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American