This Shrimp Goat Cheese Pasta is made with shrimp, penne, butter, garlic, lemon, pesto, goat cheese and cooked to perfection.
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pound penne, or any bite size pasta
- 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp as well as garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Read the instructions on the pasta box to cook al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add the butter and wait for it to melt. Add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until pink and opaque. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, toss in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Pour in the lemon juice. Lower the heat and add the goat cheese and pesto, stirring quickly. Slowly add about 1/2 cup pasta water and keep stirring until the goat cheese completely melts.
- Add the pasta and cooked shrimp, tossing to combine. If too clumpy, add more pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and top with parmesan cheese.
If the sauce is too clumpy, add more pasta water. If too thin, add a bit more pesto.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 219.7
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 238.7 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
- Cholesterol: 106.1 mg